This private guided tour is the perfect way to discover how the Castle District has changed over the past centuries, through the various historic occupations, leading up to the present day.
- Private walking tour
- Walk through the cobble stone streets of Buda Castle area
- Skip the line entry and guided visit to Matthias Church
- Enjoy the panoramic lookout of Fisherman’s Bastion
- See the Royal Palace, Presidential Palace, Holy Trinity Square
- Treat yourself with a coffee and cake in a cozy café
Dates & Times
Please check our booking calendar
At your accommodation.
If your accommodation is not centrally located, meet your guide at Buda Castle District 1014 Szentharomsag ter (Square), Holy Trinity statue in the middle of the square.
Conclusion point: Castle District, close to public transport
Full Tour Description
Get a historical overview of the Buda Castle district, walk through the small cobblestone streets and squares with a professional local guide. You’ll get a feel for its medieval aspects from the first stone laid to the present day use. Your guide will lead you through the castle area and its historical points, occupations and roles it played throughout the Hungarian history.
This tour takes you back in time to see how Castle Hill was originally built and designed. You’ll come to understand how the whole area was used over the centuries by many different cultures and nations. You’ll walk through these major historical points and learn how the Castle District survived and helped its inhabitants defend and live through invasions and occupations for centuries. With us, you’ll learn the secrets of the Buda Castle Hill!
During this tour, you will see the major sights including Royal Palace, the Presidential palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess Andras Square and Fisherman’s Bastion. We’ll also show you around inside the Matthias Church and tell its stories and legends. You’ll also take a break for coffee and cake in a cosy Café of the Castle District.
English speaking guide, pick up, public transportation ticket during the tour, skip the line entry and guided tour in Matthias Church, coffee stop with dessert
Drop-off and transport from conclusion point
Know before you book
- Please wear modest clothing (covering the shoulders and thighs) when visiting the church. Male visitors are requested to enter with a bare head – unless this is against the rules of their religion.
- Diplomatic receptions in the Castle District can alter the tour route any time of the year.
- You will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2,5 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.