This guided tour is the perfect way to discover the Castle District.
- Small-group walking tour with licensed guide
- A look into the fascinating past of Buda Castle area
- Skip the line entry and guided visit to Matthias Church
- Hear tales of Medieval Royalty who resided here
- Enjoy the panoramic lookout of Fisherman’s Bastion
Adult: 49 €
Student with ID: 47 €
Child: 25 €
Meeting & Conclusion Point
Buda Castle District I, Szentháromság tér
Licensed English speaking guide, skip the line entry and guided tour in Matthias Church
Pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- Please wear modest clothing when visiting the church.
- Diplomatic receptions in the Castle District can alter the tour route any time of the year.
- You will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions
Full Tour Description
Get a historical overview of the Buda Castle District, walk through the small cobblestone streets and squares with a professional local guide. You’ll get a feel for its medieval aspects from the first stone laid to the present day use. Your guide will lead you through the Castle area and its historical points, occupations and roles it played throughout Hungarian history.
We’ll also show you around inside the Matthias Church and tell its stories and legends. Enjoy the magnificent view over the city with the Parliament, Margaret Island, the Danube and more from Fisherman’s Bastion.
You’ll walk through these major historical points and learn how the Castle District survived and helped its inhabitants defend and live through invasions and occupations for centuries. The major sights visited are including Royal Palace, the Presidential Palace, Funicular, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess Andras Square, Buda Tower.