Alternative Budapest Walking Tour takes you deeper, further and more underground. Our tours aren't about the past, they're about what's happening now.
- Explore the city’s alternative culture scene and street art
- Small-group walking tour with licensed guide
- Check out a contemporary artist’s studio and gallery
- Marvel at Budapest’s architecture
- Learn about the local communities
Adult: 39 €
Student with ID: 37 €
Child: 19 €
1052 Budapest, Deak Ferenc ter 4. in front of the Lutheran Church (pale yellow), on the church steps
Conclusion point: Tour ends downtown
English speaking guide
Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages, pick-up and drop-off
Know before you go
- You will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2.5 hours
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
Full Tour Description
The Budapest Alternative Tour is an experience for people who want to see different side of a city – it’s alternative side. You won’t see the usual sights, monuments and historical landmarks that other tours show you but rather the more underground things that really define Budapest. Our tours aren’t about the past, they’re about what’s happening now.
The tour covers a wide variety themes and topics – from Budapest’s graffiti and street art culture to current politics, relevant history and personal stories, to fashion, design, architecture & the local communities’ scene. Each tour route is different depending on what is happening in the city, but you’ll visit a mixture of arts and independent culture centers, community spaces.
All of our guides are fully qualified and you’ll end the tour in a small cultural venue and cafe where you’ll be able to pick the brain of your guide for info on great places to check out during your stay in Budapest (both mainstream/historical and more off-the-beaten-track).