In this tour explore the handicrafts, souvenirs, traditional foods of 2 Christmas markets of Budapest and enjoy mulled wine to keep you warm.
- Small-group interactive walking tour with a licensed guide
- Visit 2 lively and colorful Christmas market areas
- Guided entry to St Stephen’s Basilica
- Hear the tales of the Hungarian Christmas culture
- Enjoy a mulled wine and a chimney cake
Dates & Times & Prices
Please check our booking calendar.
Absolute Tours, 1065 Budapest, Lazar St 16, behind the Opera House
Full Tour Description
Get the local’s point of view on the Christmas traditions and culture while seeing some of Budapest’s best inner city sights. Your guide will walk you through 2 Christmas markets showing you Hungarian handicrafts, trinkets, souvenirs as well as the local foods and sweets on sale. Along the way, you’ll see the Opera House, Andrassy Blvd with option to see the holiday decorations inside and illuminated on the square. You will go inside the St Stephen’s Basilica whenever it is open for public visiting.
The tour takes you to one of the world’s most beautiful festive markets, the Budapest Christmas Fair on Vorosmarty Square. Here you will try a delicious chimney cake and warm up with a sweet and spicy mulled wine. The square offers a market with a variety of ceramics, contemporary jewelry, local handicrafts by Hungarian artisans. Your guide will leave you in the market to explore and do some holiday shopping. Right next to the market you can find Budapest’s famous Fashion Street, the Vaci Street, which offers more possibilities for shopping.
Licensed tour guide, 1 mulled wine, chimney cake, visit to St Stephen’s Basilica
Pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- Guests under age of 18 are not allowed to drink mulled wine.
- We provide an alcohol-free hot drink instead
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2,5 hours