In this tour explore the handicrafts, souvenirs, traditional foods of 2 Christmas markets of Budapest and enjoy mulled wine to keep you warm.
- Small-group interactive walking tour with a licensed guide
- Visit 2 lively and colorful Christmas market areas
- Guided entry to St Stephen’s Basilica
- Hear the tales of the Hungarian Christmas culture
- Enjoy a mulled wine and a chimney cake
Adult: 55 €
Student with ID:52 €
Child: 25 €
In front of Hungarian State Opera, Budapest, Andrássy út 22, 1061 Hungary
Licensed tour guide, 1 mulled wine, chimney cake, visit to St Stephen’s Basilica
Pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- To enter to the Christmas markets, all participants who are over 12 years old must present proof of full vaccination
- Guests under age of 18 are provided with an alcohol-free hot drink
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
Full Tour Description
Get the local’s point of view on the Christmas traditions and culture while seeing some of Budapest’s best inner city sights. Your guide will walk you through the downtown area and 2 Christmas markets showing you Hungarian handicrafts, trinkets, souvenirs as well as the local foods and sweets on sale. Along the way, you’ll see the Opera House, Andrassy Blvd with the option to see the holiday decorations inside and illuminated on the square. A glowing Christmas market awaits you at the Basilica and your guide will show you around outside and inside St Stephen’s Basilica.
The tour continues to one of the world’s most beautiful festive markets, the Budapest Christmas Fair on Vorosmarty Square. You will be treated to a delicious chimney cake and a mulled wine. The square offers a market with a variety of ceramics, contemporary jewelry, local handicrafts by Hungarian artisans and daily concerts and shows are arranged on the stage. Your guide will leave you in the market to explore and do some holiday shopping. Also off this square is the famous Vaci Street and Budapest’s Fashion Street where many shops can be found for more shopping.