The most recommended walking tour in Budapest!
- Small-group interactive walking tour with a licensed guide
- See Heroes’ Square and City Park and have a look into a spa
- Marvel at the Opera, Andrassy Avenue and St Stephen’s Basilica
- Cross the Danube through the Chain Bridge and enjoy the panorama
- Walk through Buda Castle District with Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church
Adult: 49 €
Student with ID: 45 €
Child: 25 €
In front of the Hungarian State Opera House
Conclusion Point: Buda Castle, near Matthias Church
Licensed English speaking guide, coffee or soft drink with Hungarian dessert, public transport tickets during the tour
Entry fees to sights and museums, pick-up or drop-off
Know before you book
- You will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Please note that the tour includes climbing stairs and walking uphill.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
Full Tour Description
Your walking tour begins at the Opera House from where you take a short ride on the Millennium Metro out to Heroes’ Square and City Park. Here you’ll get a great introduction to Hungary’s rich history and culture through the stories of its great kings. Then, you’ll walk through City Park to visit Vajdahunyad Castle and you’ll stop off and peek inside to Szechenyi Baths to learn about the amazing bath culture this country has to offer. After you’ll take the Millennium Metro back towards the city center and stop off at the end of Andrassy Avenue where you’ll hear about the significance the street to the city’s nobility.
Next you’ll head over to see St. Stephen’s Basilica (outside only) before taking a break in a café for a taste of a Hungary’s dessert and a coffee or soft drink (included in the tour). After your refreshment break, you head down to the riverside to see the famous blue Danube. On the way you will learn about the communist times in Liberty Square and at the Danube you can admire the magnificent Parliament building. Here you’ll take in the spectacular view of the UNESCO World Heritage panorama with Buda Castle, Matthias Church, Royal Palace and Gellert Hill with the Citadel.
You will cross the river by the underground and for the final leg of the tour you’ll climb the steps up into the Buda Castle District and then wander through the old cobblestone streets and alleys to our finishing point in front of the Matthias Church and Fisherman’s Bastion.