Budapest Caving – Discover a New Side to the City
Before arriving in Budapest you must have checked out all the attractions. What to do and where to go. There are the typical tourist attractions like the Castle District, the Parliament, Váci Street and Heroes’ square. But you’ll also find that the city offers some very different and very exciting activities to choose from. Why not go on a Segway Tour or attempt to free yourself against the clock in one of the famous escape rooms. But then again, if you really are an adventurous type, then why not do something unique and more challenging. How about going Budapest Caving under the city. If you’re looking for excitement then this is your best bet!
At the very mention of the word ‘caving’ you might start to picture marvelous yawning halls filled with the sparkling beauty and of drip stone formations like stalactites, stalagmites and stalagmite columns. Where you can walk around on artificial pathways. If that all sounds a bit “safe” then this’ll be something more to your style of adventuring. Here you can enjoy the great feeling that comes with flexing your physical abilities as well as meeting a physical challenge!
You’ll be accompanied by an expert guide who leads you through the caves. Climbing up and down through narrow passageways. You’ll crawl through places you never thought you could fit. The longest cave system of Hungary has been left in its natural state, but lies just underneath residential districts of Budapest. Get acquainted with this amazing subterranean world!
You will encounter stunning formations and impressive halls such as the Theatre or the Chapel. Meet the ghost of the cave and take a selfie with it.
Prepare to get dirty and take part in one of the most adventurous experiences of your life!
Budapest Caving Tour Info:
- This tour is a small group activity and about 2.5 hours long.
- The cave can be visited all year around as the interior temperature is constant
- Caving equipment (overall, helmet and light) is provided.
- Tours start every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 2:30pm, every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30am, and on Saturdays at 1:30pm.
- You don’t need to have any previous experience in caving.
- Requires some upper body strength but most people are successful.
- This activity is definitely not for the claustrophobic.
- Booking in advance is necessary. For more information please visit our website and book the tour here