Enjoy a leisurely ride through the heart of downtown Budapest and learn all about the city’s history on an entertaining and interactive private bike tour.
- Your group only with a private certified guide
- Learn all about Hungarian history and culture
- Visit Heroes’ Square and the City Park area
- Cycle around the Opera House, St Stephen’s’ Basilica, the Parliament and Chain Bridge
- Enjoy both Buda and Pest promenade bike lanes and Margaret Bridge
- Ride to Gellert Square, Liberty Bridge, the Market Hall
- A coffee and cake stop is included
Dates & Times
Please check our booking calendar
Meeting and Conclusion Point
Absolute Tours & Yellow Zebra Bike Rental
H-1067 Budapest, Eötvös utca 33. (5 mins from Oktogon Sq)
Full Tour Description
Budapest’s original and most renowned bike tour is an innovative, entertaining, easy and relaxing way to see most of the city’s sights in a more intimate way along our grand roads and bike pathways.
Your tour starts on Andrassy Avenue and at the Opera House followed by a ride up to the Heroes’ Square and City Park along the three lined boulevard. Here you learn about Hungarian history and culture before biking through the City Park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex and Szechenyi Thermal Bath (peek inside if open).
Next you ride back to downtown to St Stephen’s Basilica and Liberty Square for a look at one of the last Soviet relics stand. You’ll continue the tour to the magnificent building of the Parliament next to the Danube. From the riverbank you can enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage beautiful panorama over the Castle District: Matthias Church, Royal Palace and the Fisherman’s Bastion where our guide will explain in detail the sights.
Next you cross Margaret Bridge over to the Buda side. Here you’ll ride along the bike lanes of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Elizabeth Bridge, Rudas Baths and the famous Gellert Baths before crossing the Liberty Bridge to see the Grand Market Hall.
At the final leg of the tour you will cross Pest downtown before turning back onto Andrassy Boulevard and checking out the Opera House before finishing the tour.
Refreshment stop with a coffee and Hungarian dessert is included.
English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time, stop for a coffee or beverage and dessert included
Entry fees to sights and museums, pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- You must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years