An in-depth look at Krakow's most significant churches and its historic Wawel Castle area!
A trip to Krakow wouldn't be complete without seeing its great Catholic and Medieval sights. Join us on this tour of Krakow's most important and unique churches, cathedrals and learn all about its historic castle area too.
Highlights and Themes
- Small groups tour with a private English-speaking expert guide
- An in-depth look at Krakow's most important religious buildings
- Explore Wawel Castle and learn its legends!
- Entry ticket to St Mary's Basilica and Wawel Cathedral
- Lesser known churches, their secrets and stories
Group over 5 people
Private, professional, English-speaking guide, entry tickets to St Mary's Basilica and Wawel Cathedral, transport tickets during the tour when needed.
Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip, food and beverages.
All year round 10:30 - daily except Sundays and Christian Holidays
At your accommodation In case your accommodation is not centrally located: meeting point can be arranged at the Floriańska 37, 31-019 Kraków or in a previously agreed meeting point.
Conclusion point: Tour ends in the downtown area.
Duration: 3 hours
This is a private walking tour, so your guide can pick you up from you city-center accommodation, or you can meet at our office in the heart of the Old Town. Your personal guide will be at your disposal throughout the tour, giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know them, and lots of time to ask for local tips and hints of where to go and what else to do during your stay in Krakow.
We'll start in the heart of the Old Town and take a short stroll to the ornate baroque Church of St Anne before catching the unveiling of the altar inside St Mary's Basilica (entry included) and the oldest church in Krakow - St Adalbert's in the center of the biggest Medieval market square in Europe.
We'll then make our way into the Franciscan Church (entry inside) with its magnificent stained glass windows and cloister, where we'll also learn about Krakow's unique Christmas traditions and see the hall of important Polish religious figures. The Bishop's Palace (outside only), once home to Pope John Paul II, is next and we'll see his famous window before walking down the oldest street in Krakow to take in the Church of St Peter and St Paul and hear the story of the nuns of St Claire the Poor.
We'll finish our tour with the jewel in Krakow's crown - Wawel Cathedral (entry included) and castle area where you'll hear the stories of years gone by and get to know the most prominent figures in Krakow's history. In the castle area, we'll also visit the inside of the cathedral and get a close-up view of the legendary Sigismund bell from the top of the belltower.
At the conclusion of the tour, your guide will help with ideas, tips, hints, directions and more!
Please wear modest clothing (covering the shoulders and thighs) when visiting our church. Male visitors are requested to enter with a bare head - unless this is against the rules of their religion.
If participants would like to visit the Sigismond Bell (included as part of the tour) they must be fit enough to climb up the 70 steps into the bell in the tower of the Wawel Cathedral.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- If participants would like to visit the Sigismond Bell (included as part of the tour) they must be fit enough to climb up the 70 steps into the bell in the tower of the Wawel Cathedral.
- Please wear modest clothing (covering the shoulders and thighs) when visiting the church. Male visitors are requested to enter with a bare head - unless this is against the rules of their religion.
- Supplier is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.