Voted as the best Christmas Markets in Europe!
A short intro to the Christmas traditions, culture and markets in Budapest. Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Visit 2 lively and colorful Christmas market areas
- Explore St Stephen's Basilica (inside)
- See the illuminated inner Pest sights
- Tales of Hungarian Christmas culture
- A tasting of 3 Hungarian wines
- Enjoy a hot mulled wine and chimney cake
1 - 30 December (except Christmas days), 14:30 - daily
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: City center, close to transport links.
- English speaking guide
- 3 tier wine tasting
- 1 mulled wine and chimney cake
- Visit to St Stephen's Basilica
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Guests under age of 18 are not allowed to taste wine. We provide soft drink or an alcohol-free hot drink instead
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Get the local's point of view on the Christmas traditions and culture while seeing some of Budapest's best inner city sights. Your guide will walk you through 2 Christmas markets showing you Hungarian handicrafts, trinkets, souvenirs as well as the local foods and sweets on sale. Along the way, you'll see the Opera House, Andrassy Blvd with option to see the holiday decorations inside and illuminated on the square. Your guide will show you around inside St Stephen's Basilica whenever it is open for public visiting.
Besides a great intro tour to the city you'll be treated to a 3 tier wine tasting in a nice restaurant and get the chance to relax a bit while sipping away famous wines from Hungary.
At the end of the tour we'll invite you for a hot wine and then leave you in the biggest Christmas market on Vorosmarty Square to explore and do some holiday shopping. Also off this square is the famous Vaci Street and Budapest's Fashion Street where many shops can be found for more traditional shopping.