Enjoy a leisurely ride through the heart of downtown Budapest and learn all about the history behind it.
- Small-group tour
- Discover Budapest with an expert local guide
- Visit Heroes’ Square and the City Park area
- See Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, view over Buda Castle
- Enjoy a Cafe stop with snack included
- Easy flat ride, approx. 8 km / 5 miles without elevation
Dates & Times & Prices
Please check our booking calendar
Absolute Tours & Yellow Zebra Bike Rental
H-1067 Budapest, Eötvös utca 33. (5 mins from Oktogon Sq)
Full Tour Description
Join a fun tour exploring the sights of the downtown along grand roads and bike pathways, learning about the city’s interesting history as we go. While it might be a little cold, Budapest is no less charming during the winter months.
After setting off from our office behind the spectacular Opera House, we’ll then cruise along Andrassy Avenue before arriving at the magnificent Heroes’ Square along the three lined boulevard. Here you learn about Hungarian history and culture before biking through the City Park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex and Szechenyi Thermal Bath.
We will aim to get back to the city center again, and admire the St. Stephen’s Basilica. After seeing the beautiful church and square, our next stop is Liberty Square for a look at one of the city’s last Soviet relics before we make our way to the Parliament. It’s here, from the riverbank, that you’ll enjoy a stunning view of the Buda Castle District – which includes buildings such as Matthias Church, Royal Palace, and the Fisherman’s Bastion. To add color to what you’re seeing, your guide will tell you interesting facts and stories from Budapest’s past.
Next, you’ll make a stop to warm up in a cozy cafe. You’ll have the chance to taste a delicious, traditional Hungarian pastry and a coffee or a tea. Rested and relaxed, we ride back to our office through the downtown area.
Licensed English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time, stop for a coffee or beverage and snack included
Entry fees to sights and museums, pick-up or drop-off
Know before you book
- You must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 2 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We encourage you to bring hats and gloves to keep the extremities warm during colder months.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years