Highlights and Themes
- Small-group tour
- Discover Budapest with an expert local guide
- Grasp the basics of Hungarian history and culture
- Visit Heroes' Square and the City Park area
- See Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, view over Buda Castle
- Enjoy a Cafe stop with dessert included
- Distance: approx. 8 km / 5 miles, flat ride without elevation
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: same.
- English speaking guide
- Bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time
- Stop for a coffee or beverage and dessert included
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 2 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Charming yet chilly, Budapest is still a wonderful place to visit in the winter. Enjoy a leisurely ride through the heart of downtown Budapest and learn all about the history behind it on an interactive and entertaining bike ride.
Your tour starts on Andrassy Avenue and at the Opera House followed by a ride up to the Heroes' Square and City Park along the three lined boulevard. Here you learn about Hungarian history and culture before biking through the City Park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex and Szechenyi Thermal Bath.
You'll then cruise along Andrassy Boulevard before taking in the magnificent St. Stephen's Basilica. After seeing the beautiful church and square, our next stop is Liberty Square for a look at one of the city's last Soviet relics before we make our way on to the Parliament. It's here, from the riverbank, that you'll enjoy a stunning view of the Castle District - which includes buildings such as Matthias Church, Royal Palace, and the Fisherman's Bastion. Your guide will be on hand to tell you about these places and the roles they played in the city's history.
You'll make a stop for a refreshment break in a warm and cozy cafe and taste a delicious, traditional Hungarian dessert and coffee or tea. Rested and relaxed, you ride back to the Opera House through the downtown area.