Enjoy a leisurely ride through the heart of downtown Budapest and learn all about the city’s history on this interactive and entertaining bike tour.
- Small-group tour with licensed guide
- Cycle around the Great Synagogue, Pest downtown and St Stephen’s’ Basilica
- See Parliament and enjoy views of the Buda Castle District
- Enjoy both Buda and Pest promenade bike lanes
- Ride through Margaret Bridge
Flat ride, approx. 16 km / 10 miles without elevation
Adult: 45 €
Student with ID: 42 €
Meeting Point and Conclusion Point
Yellow Zebra Bikes & Segways, 1052 Budapest, Karoly korut 16. in the courtyard (doorbell 6.)
English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time, stop for a coffee or beverage and snack included
Entry fees to sights and museums, pick-up or drop-off
Know before you book
- You must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours with short breaks
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
Full Tour Description
Your tour starts in Pest Downtown at the shadow of the Great Synagogue. Next you will ride on Andrassy Avenue followed by a ride up to the Heroes’ Square and City Park along the three lined boulevard. Here you learn about Hungarian history and culture before biking through the City Park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex and Szechenyi Thermal Bath.
Next you ride back downtown to St Stephen’s Basilica and Liberty Square for a look at one of the last Soviet relics stands. In downtown you will enjoy a short coffee break with a home-made pastry.
You’ll continue the tour to the magnificent building of the Parliament next to the Danube. From the riverbank you can enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage beautiful panorama over the Castle District: Matthias Church, Royal Palace and the Fisherman’s Bastion where our guide will explain in detail the sights.
Next you cross Margaret Bridge over to the Buda side. Here you’ll ride along the bike lanes of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge before crossing the Elisabeth Bridge to Pest downtown before finishing the tour.