Highlights and Themes
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy the Opera House and glide along Andrassy Avenue
- Learn about Hungarian history on Heroes' Square
- Explore City Park with Vajdahunyad Castle and Szechenyi Thermal Bath
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: same.
- Guided training and tour
- Segway machine rental during the tour
- Helmet (compulsory)
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- High-heel shoes and flip-flops are not suitable for riding the Segway
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing over 280llbs/130kg or under 90llbs/40kg (10 years)
- For the safety of the mother and baby, we do not allow pregnant women to participate
- Helmet is compulsory on the tour and provided
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund
- Insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (children under 18 years must have an adult sign for them)
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
Because your comfort and safety is of paramount importance, each tour starts with a practice session of around 20 minutes in front of our office. (This isn't part in your tour time). Learning to ride is very easy but nonetheless, only when everyone is comfortable will we set off.
You'll begin on Andrassy Avenue, the famous tree lined boulevard which dates from 1872. You'll pass Neo-Renaissance mansions and townhouses as well as many luxury brand stores. Along the way you'll see the House of Terror as well as the Kodaly House.
Your second stop is Heroes' Square. The major column is the Millennium Memorial and below it are statues of the Seven Chieftains of the Magyars. And behind are two colonnades with statues of Hungarian kings and national leaders. Next the City Park. Being the capitals largest green area, it has various attractions including the wonderful Vajdahunyad Castle. Also you'll see the Szechenyi Baths which are the largest medicinal baths in Europe and a wonderful place to relax after a tour.
Then your group return towards the center until you're standing in the shadow of the magnificent Hungarian State Opera House.