The tour covers a wide variety themes and topics – from Budapest's graffiti and street art culture to current politics, relevant history and personal stories, to fashion, design, architecture & the local music scene.
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Explore the city's alternative culture scene
- Small-group walking tour
- Check out a contemporary artist's studio and gallery
- Experience Budapest's underground street art and graffiti scene
April to October 15:00 - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
November to March 15:00 - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
1052 Budapest, Deak Ferenc ter 4. in front of the Lutheran Church (pale yellow), on the church steps.
Conclusion point: City center, close to transport links.
- English speaking guide
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Due to the nature of the tour and the places visited, the tour is subject to change at any time without warning.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
This is a tour for people who want to see the other side of a city – it's alternative side. You won't see the usual sights, monuments and historical landmarks that other tours show you, but rather the more underground things that really define Budapest. Our tours aren't about the past, they're about what's happening now.
The tour covers a wide variety themes and topics – from Budapest's graffiti and street art culture to current politics, relevant history and personal stories, to fashion, design, architecture & the local music scene. Each tour route is different depending on what is happening in the city, but you'll visit a mixture of arts and culture centers, abandoned synagogues, independent galleries, community spaces, music venues, theatres, and make a stop for a coffee or beer in an art and coffee collective or a ruin bar come community centre/bike workshop/analogue photography gallery.
All of our guides are fully qualified and active in various areas of the alternative creative scene in Budapest and you'll end the tour in a great venue where you'll be able to pick the brain of your guide for info on great places to check out during your stay in Budapest (both mainstream/historical and more off-the-beaten-track).