Highlights and Themes
- Small-group walking tour
- Overview of the Hungarian cuisine, culture and history through a local's perspective
- Try real Hungarian specialities
- Many food tastings at different venues, known only to locals
- Top quality Hungarian craft beers in a local bar
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: City center, close to transport links.
- English speaking guide
- Generous food and drink tastings
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Minimum 2 guests are required to start this tour
- We try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a local guide. During your walking tour you'll visit a local market in downtown Budapest and sampling different fares of some traditional Hungarian food producers. Along the way, you'll hear stories of how Hungarian families cook or make their favorite traditional dishes. Also you'll have a chance to see how locals make 'lángos', the very special fried bread that is much loved in Central Europe.
Because Hungarians love their meat served with a side of to go with it, the tour includes a visit to a local butcher's shop. From a selection of fine cold cut products, you can indulge in various types served with a delicious selection of pickled vegetables. Throughout this culinary journey, your guide will explain the traditions, customs and unforgettable stories of how much Hungarians love to eat!
Wandering in downtown Budapest the tour visits a sweet shop, cheese specialist, a butcher for tasting some sausages and pickles and a shop for tasting the chimney cake.
You tour concludes with a tasting of different craft beers at a local pub. Whilst there, your guide will fill you in on the background with Hungarian beers along with some exciting stories connected to the country's history. Jó étvágyat - bon appetit in Hungarian!