- Walking Tours
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Private Tours
- Special Programs
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Are reservations required?
Reservations are required for every tour we offer. Our small group tours, book out fast, especially in summer, and we strongly recommend to book at least 2 weeks in advance, especially if you are traveling with children or a large group.
We give priority to our reserved guests and may not be able to accommodate all walk-ins.
How can I book a tour?
All reservations may be made on this site by clicking here.
We operate 7 days a week, rain or shine. Simply pick a day and time that works well for your schedule and hop on a tour. If you decide to not make a reservation, you may pay with cash on the day of the tour. If you have children that will need smaller bikes, please read the FAQ question below.
If you are a larger party, please e-mail us with your desired tour date and number of people. In the very rare event of too many walk-in guests, we will always cater to our reservations before those that have not paid in advance. This happens more frequently from June to August.
Do I need to confirm my tour?
No, there is no need to reconfirm your tour. Confirmation is instantaneous – your voucher is confirmation that you are booked on the tour. Once you have completed your booking, your voucher will be sent to you via email with all details about where to go on the date of your tour at what time. Bring this voucher with you to the meeting point and present it to your guide.
How do we find your tour meeting points?
Click here to get directions to our meeting points.
What are the seasonal open dates of Discover Vienna Tours?
We are open every day of the year except weekends from November to February, Christmas Day (December 25th), and New Year's Day.
How early do I need to reserve for the Grape Grazing Winery Bicycle Tour?
It really depends. The Grape Grazing Winery Bicycle Tour tours have become very popular and we recommend making a reservation as soon as you know your plans. We have a 72-hour cancellation policy for all reservations. It's always best to reserve and cancel than miss out on the tour.
What is your cancellation policy?
Small Group Tours: We offer 100% refunds on all small group tours if the reservation is cancelled more than 72 hours (3 days) before the scheduled tour. We do not offer refunds for any reason once we are within 72 hours of the scheduled tour.
Private Tours: We offer 80% refund on all private tours if the reservation is cancelled more than 14 days before the scheduled tour. We do not offer refunds for any reason once we are within 14 days of the scheduled tour.
Where do I meet for my reserved tours?
All of our tours have specific meeting times and locations. When making a reservation you'll receive a tour confirmation with details on the meeting point. For your convenience, we have also listed all tour meeting points here:
• Your tour date determines where you will be meeting for the tour.
• Grape Grazing Winery Bicycle Tour meets at Spittelau train and underground station. We meet in front of Bakery Ströck, located in the main foyer of the station. Spittelau station can be reached using the U6 & U4 underground (U-bahn).
• Your guide will be holding a large sign that reads “Discover Vienna Tours” and has our logo on it.
• Small group walking tour with coffee and cake meets in front of Café Mozart, Albertinaplatz 2, 1010 – Vienna.
• Vienna Evening Stroll with Schnitzel and Strudel Tour meeting point is in front of Café Museum, Operngasse 7 - 1010 Vienna.
• Morning, afternoon and evening city bike tours meets at Schillerpark – Schiller Monument located next to the Le Meridian Hotel.
• Vienna City Segway Tours, meet at the Segway tour office, Elisabethstrasse 13, 1010 Vienna.
• Private tours by vehicle, we offer a hotel pick-up service. For private walking tours, your guide will meet you at your hotel, provided it is located in the 1st District. Alternate meeting point, Café Mozart, Albertinaplatz, 2, 1010 – Vienna.
How long do the tours last?
• Grape Grazing Winery Bike Tour: Approximately 9.5 hours
• Vienna Small Group walking Tour with Coffee and Cake: Approximately 3 hours
• Vienna Evening Walking Tour: Approximately 2 hours + meal
• Vienna City Bike Tours: Approximately 3 hours
• Vienna City Segway Tour: Approximately 3 hours
• Vienna Private Tours and Day Trips: Approximately 2 to 12 hours
Are tours cancelled in case of rain?
No, all our tours run rain, hail or shine. We have rain ponchos available (bike and Segway tours only) for anyone that needs them free of charge. .
Do we go inside the museums and monuments?
Unfortunately our Discover Vienna Tours cannot enter the monuments due to time constraints. Besides, there are always some people that want 10 minutes in inside the Hofburg Palace and others that want 3 hours. Our tours are designed to enjoy the city from a broad perspective, so that's what we're going to do!
If you are looking to tour inside Vienna`s' famous museums and monuments, look at one of our Private Tour options. All our private tours can be tailored to accommodate for a guided tour of a Museum, Palace, and any sight that may be of interest to you. If you are interested in Palace or Museum tour, please allow minimum one hour tour time for each Museums or Palace you would like to visit.
How many people will be in my group?
Group sizes vary depending on the tour you have chosen. Small group tours by vehicle have a maximum of 7 people, small group walking tours maximum 15 people, winery bike tour 18 people, and our evening walking tour max: 30 people.
Are Discover Vienna Tours appropriate for children?
Absolutely! We have many families joining our tours, as we're a great family activity.
You can view our bikes here, but we offer 4 options for children depending on their age, size, and riding ability:
• For children under 18 months of age or 20kg (45lbs), we have baby seats that can be attached to the back of a bike.
• For children weighing up to 30kg (65lbs), we have trailers that can be left open or zipped up to fully enclose the passenger.
• For children up to 12 years old or 45kg (100lbs), we have child bikes. All riders over 45kg (100lbs) must ride their own bicycle. We have various smaller sized mountain bikes for those able to ride on their own, and of course, our regular beach cruisers for children big enough to ride them.
• We charge half the price of the tour for trailers and tandems, and baby seats are free. Unfortunately, we do not have any adult tricycles or bikes with training wheels for adults that may be less confident in their riding ability. If possible, please let us know if you would like one of our tandems, trailers, baby seats, or child bikes (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance that you'd like to reserve either a child seat or trailer. Please Note: All child bikes use hand brakes. There are no pedal breaks available.
Our walking tours are suitable for all ages, and the pace of the tours is relaxed with many stops along the way. The total walking tours for most of our 2 to 3 hours walk is 3km ( 2 miles)
Tour by private vehicle:
For children we child seats are available on request for ages 2 and up.
Segway tours are only for available for anyone 12 years and over. There is the possibility for the children to use a bicycle on the tour.