- Walking Tours
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Private Tours
- Special Programs
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Discover the most beautiful section of the Blue Danube on this fun one-day excursion of biking and wine tasting in Austria's most beautiful valley! Imagine a glorious day of wine tasting, while leisurely biking through the country's most famous wine-making region and cultural heritage, voted the Best Historic Destination in the World in 2008.
Highlights and Themes
- Enjoy a bicycle day trip through the Wachau Valley in our small group tailored to ensure a fun and personal experience
- Explore the UNESCO world heritage site of Dürnstein, hike up to the castle ruins where King Richard Lionheart was once imprisoned.
- Learn about the region's fascinating history and culture from your friendly, knowledgeable guide, while enjoying the picturesque scenery
- Visit local wineries and master the techniques of wine tasting in a laid-back environment
- Sample locally-made delicacies: jams, liqueurs and much more…
- Indulge in a BBQ lunch at a local family-run winery
- Swim in the Danube River or play a game of beach volleyball
- Enjoy a glass of wine on the journey back to Vienna
Operates daily: May 1 – Nov 16 (in all weather conditions)
Meeting time: 9:30am | Departure at: 9:50am
Return time: 7:00pm
Our current prices and availabilities are published on our online reservation system.
Conditions: Prices include local taxes. Students up to 26 years and must show a valid Student ID card. Children up to 12 years.online booking
Spittelau train station.
Your tour guide will be waiting in front of Ströck bakery located in the main foyer of the station. Your guide will be holding a sign saying"Grape Grazing Tour""
Discover one of the most beautiful section of the Danube Valley in Austria on this fun day excursion of biking and wine tasting. The Wachau valley was voted the Best Historic Destination in the World in 2008. Imagine a glorious day of sipping, swirling, and casual cycling through the country's most famous winemaking regions. Renowned for its quality wines, stunning villages and breathtaking scenery, the Wachau Valley is the perfect place to enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Arrive by train and then hop on your bike and start exploring with us. Breathe in the fresh country air as you cycle by historic towns, charming villages, and spectacular scenery. Stopping at local wineries, you'll sample a variety of wines as well as other delicacies, like the valley's famed apricot jams and liqueurs. In yAll ourocated free time, explore the medieval town of Dürnstein, a well-known Wachau highlight, overlooked by the ruins of the Kuenringer castle where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned in 1192. Then enjoy a BBQ lunch at a local winery. After lunch, relax by the Danube river, go for a swim or enjoy a game of beach volleyball.
The Grape Grazing Winery Bicycle Tour is the perfect choice for those looking for a unique wine tasting experience that combines breathtaking scenery, fun, wine and culture to give you an unforgettable experience.
Weather: A note on the weather, chances of a shower are possible in Austria: if this occurs, you have two choices as we see it; you could miss out on a day of fun and culture by hiding in your hotel room, or put on a jacket, and join us on the tour and have some fun! Tour operates in all weather conditions.
The Bike Ride
The Grape Grazing Winery Bicycle Tour is 20-25 km long, cycling at a very leisurely pace. It is suitable for all ages, consisting of a mainly flat ride with few small inclines leading up through small villages. We do stop frequently throughout the tour with the longest non-stop cycling section being 20 minutes. Join us for a fun and informative ride - you'll be glad you did!
Lunch (at local winery - not included)
Enjoy a tasty marinated steak, bratwurst sausages served with Austrian style potato salad, bread rolls and a shot of schnapps.
Vegetarian option: Enjoy the homemade grilled vegetable patties.
For specific meal requests, please contact us in advance. It is also possible to bring your own lunch.
Optional Lunch: is 9.50 per person ( includes the meal and a shot of schnapps, paid cash on day of tour only)
What to bring
Camera (don't forget to charge your battery!)
Dress casually and wear comfortable shoes for a relaxed day of cycling
Money for lunch and souvenirs.
We only take advanced reservations for this tour!
- Return train journey from Vienna
- Ferry ride across the Danube River
- Wine tastings at all wineries
- Sampling of locally-made jam and liqueurs
- Bicycle rental, helmets and rain ponchos
- Full-day accompanied by guide
Lunch at local winery
Gratuities for your guide are appreciated
Infant & Child Policy
Infant: free up to 2 years
Student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents or losses / damages.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.