- Walking Tours
- BIKE Tours
- Private Tours
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Enjoy unique stories about Prague, learn to navigate and maneuver in the Old Medieval Town just like locals do!
Learn about secret passages, pathways and gardens from one end of Old Town to the other with interesting stories
The city of Prague was built from the medieval times onwards and it is full of small and hidden passages, alleys, pathways and beautiful little courtyard parks! Moreover, these areas are the setting for unique and exciting stories. Our guides will teach you the secrets of Prague through stories and how to maneuver and navigate from one end of the Old Town to the other without using the main streets!
Highlights and Themes
- Meet the guide at your centrally located accommodation
- Secret passages not shown on tourist maps
- Unique and fun stories revealed
- Hidden courtyards revealing beautiful buildings and parks
- Learn how to navigate your way faster through Prague's Old Town, avoiding touristy streets
- Learn to recognize hidden and secret way through the Old Town!
Group over 5 people
9.30 and 14.30 - daily
At your accommodation
If your accomodation is not centrally located, the meeting point can be arranged at the Absolute Tour Center: 12 Michalska Street, Prague 1 (written as: Michalská 432/12, entrance to the courtyard is opposite Hotel U Staré Paní) or at a previously agreed point.
Meet your private guide at your accommodation. Become a local by learning the tricks only the residents of Prague know! Spot and find hidden and secret ways through Prague's Old Town and hear interesting and often untold stories along the way too.
The city of Prague was built from the medieval times onwards and it is full of small and hidden passages, alleyways, pathways and beautiful little courtyard parks! The city was built long before urban planning was even a concept, making Prague a difficult city to navigate. Houses and buildings were built around churches and main sights leaving little or no room on the small cobblestone streets. They made up for this by building grandiose squares with elaborate architectural gems and in doing so they left little nooks and crannies all over the Old Town where secret areas and hidden stories await to be discovered.
These hidden areas and extra spaces were small and useless for building on but the locals soon took advantage of these less frequented areas and joined them together to enable them to move secretly from one area to another all throughout the Old Town. These areas are not usually on the tourist maps and are hard to find if you are not a local Prague resident, but this tour will not only show you them, but also unveil the history and personal stories connected to them.
You'll learn how to pass and maneuver through the passages and hear unique stories about them which are not normally elaborated on in basic city tours. Over the years these passages were built up, closed down, made into parks and grand courtyards. Everyday, these areas in the city open up for the locals in order for them to criss-cross the town faster. On this tour, we teach you about them and how to move through Prague like a local does everyday! Our guides will teach you the secrets of “Hidden Prague” and how to avoid tourist-heavy streets and areas by going around them through these somewhat secret passages and walkways. All the passageways are 100% safe, well kept, open to the public and in the Old Town.
Inclusions: Private English speaking guide, many stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages, transport from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Infant & Child Policy
Infant: free up to 12 years
Children: over 12 years on adult price
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- Clients are responsible for providing accurate accommodation details when booking this program
- If the customer fails to give accommodation information at least 72 hours before the tour time, the default meeting point is the Absolute Tour Center.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents or losses / damages.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty with no refunds given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.