- Walking Tours
- BIKE Tours
- Private Tours
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
One private walking tour covering all the Prague Castle and Charles Bridge with a trip to some secret gardens.
Get a complete overview of Prague's Castle history Charles Bridge and see some hidden secret gardens in an interactive walk divulging the castle's best-kept secrets. Prague Castle is the world's biggest castle and has played a central role in the history of the Czech Republic, and sometimes even in world history. It was founded in 880 and is thus the oldest part of the city. Not long after, craftsmen and tradesmen settled on the slopes beneath to provide their services to royalty and nobility. This became known as Lesser Town but to get there we cross the famous Charles Bridge to begin the tour.
Highlights and Themes
- See Prague Castle with a private guide
- Meet the guide at your centrally located accommodation.
- The story of Charles Bridge and Prague Castle,
- Church of St. Nicholas and Nerudova Street
- Detailed stories of Prague's most famous heroes and villains
- Old Castle Steps, with vineyards, buskers with breathtaking views of the city
- St George's Square with St George's Basilica (entry included)
- St Vitus Cathedral, named after a saint fried in oil, infamous for inducing dancing mania (entry included)
- Old Royal Palace, home to indoor jousting tournaments, coronations & defenestrations
- Golden Lane (entry included)
Group over 5 people
Walks can be booked daily year around at 9:30 & 14:30
At your accommodation
If your accomodation is not centrally located, the meeting point can be arranged at the Absolute Tour Center: 12 Michalska Street, Prague 1 (written as: Michalská 432/12, entrance to the courtyard is opposite Hotel U Staré Paní) or at a previously agreed point.
Meet your private guide at your accommodation. Prague has the world's biggest castle and it has played a central role in the history of the Czech Republic, and sometimes even in world history. It was founded in 880 and is thus the oldest part of the city. Not long after, craftsmen and tradesmen settled on the slopes beneath to provide their services to royalty and nobility. This became known as Lesser Town which we will walk through towards the end of the tour.
From your accomodation we will head to the Castle area. As we approach the hillside we will discover some lovely hidden gardens and enjoy some marvellous views of the city beneath us. We continue to savor the grandeur of its more well-known neighbour, Old Royal Palace, the oldest structure in the Castle area, a place that has served for coronations, indoor jousting tournaments, banana markets and defenestrations – the practice of throwing people out through a window, a term coined by the Czechs! Net, a quick visit to Golden Lane for an intriguing look at how life in the castle used to be.
After, we will see the Prague Castle area and see Hradčanské Square with its many palaces including Archbishop's Palace and Schwarzenberg Palace to name a few. Then, after a very short stroll over to to St. George's Basilica and Square, we'll make our last stop in the area of St Vitus, the country's largest cathedral. It took almost six hundred years to build and finish and is named after a child saint that was fried in oil. During the Middle Ages was infamous for inducing involuntary dance mania, and also protects against oversleeping, lightning strikes and animal bites.
Finally, it is time to descend from the Castle via the Old Steps and Nerudova Street to stop and admire Church of St. Nicholas, before heading to the center of Prague where we take a short walk through the narrow cobblestone streets to then cross Charles Bridge. While crossing one of Prague's three main attractions you'll feel part of history by following the routes of kings, queens and noblemen of the past! After making our way across this masterpiece we will end our tour near the Old Town where you can ask your guides for plenty of tips and hints for the rest of your trip.
The tour ends in the in the Old Town so you can explore more of Prague on your own after the tour. Please note due to limited daylight in the winter time we may reverse the order of this tour and/or substitute sights depending on opening and closing times or renovations.
Inclusions: English speaking guide, entry to royal castle area sights day ticket, public transport tickets during the tour, many stops for photos and questions
Exclusions: Food and beverages, gratuity/tip.
Infant & Child Policy
Children: free of charge up to 12 years
Student: same as adult price
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- Clients are responsible for providing accurate accommodation details when booking this program
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents or losses / damages.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty with no refunds given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.