One walking tour covering Krakow's Old Town, Wawel Castle and Kazimierz Jewish area. All the major sights and stories plus some of Krakow's best-kept secrets. Explore with a private guide and enjoy a coffee & dessert break included on the tour.
Highlights and Themes
- Private group and guide
- Coffee and traditional Polish dessert included
- Hear interesting stories on this exciting tour
- Overview of Polish history and culture
- Visit Old Town, Medieval Market Square, Jagiellonian University, Franciscan Church and Path of Pope John Paul II
- Wawel Castle area and the legend of the dragon
- Bohemian Kazimierz, Old Synagogue, Remu Synagogue, Jewish Cemetery
Group over 5 people
Private English speaking guide, coffee or soft drink with Polish dessert, public transport tickets during the tour, many stops for photos and questions.
Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
1 February - 31 March: 9:30, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
1 April - 31 January: 9:30, 14:30, daily
At your accommodation
In case your accommodation is not centrally located, we'll meet in the Absolute Tour Center
Duration: 3.5+ hrs
This is a private walking tour, so your guide can pick you up from you city-center accommodation, or you can meet in our office in the heart of the Old Town. Your personal guide will be at your disposal throughout the tour, giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know them, and lots of time to ask for local tips and hints on where to go and what else to do during your stay in Krakow.
Our walking tour begins in the heart of the Old Town, just a few minutes walk from Europe's biggest Medieval market square. From here we'll set out to discover some of Krakow's most famous sights - St Mary's Basilica (outside only), Cloth Hall, Rynek, Town Hall, Jagiellonian University and the Franciscan Church. After an introduction to Poland's rich history and culture and you'll get to know some of the characters that have made Krakow and Poland the majestic places they are today. We will explore the winding cobblestone streets of Krakow's Old Town, that contain hidden gems and lesser-known attractions.
During the next part of the tour, we'll head down to the bohemian Kazimierz district to learn all about Krakow's Jewish community past and present. You'll take in the oldest synagogue, the Old Jewish Cemetery and Remu's Synagogue (all sights outside only) - where you'll hear all about the far-reaching contributions made by the Jews from this area throughout history. Here we'll also have a refreshment break where you'll taste some sweet local specialities.
For the final leg of the tour, we'll climb the slope up to Krakow's Castle area - the Wawel. Here you'll learn the legend of the dragon and become acquainted with the most important royals from Poland's history. You'll hear how they made Krakow the city it is and get a sneak peek into the grand palace courtyards, the castle and the cathedral (outside only) and finish your tour with a view of Krakow and the River Vistula.
At the conclusion of the tour, the guide will help with ideas, tips, directions and more!
- Student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3+ hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- The supplier is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty with no refunds given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.
- Discounted pricing:
Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.