- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + Cafe Stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + Cafe Stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
The Danube bend, just north of Budapest, is perfect for daytrips for those who want to see more of Hungary outside its capital.
Highlights and Themes
- Magnificent Danube Bend scenic route
- Visit the largest cathedral of Hungary in Esztergom
- Visegrad Royal Palace and Castle (outside only)
- Walking tour in Szentendre Artist Village
- Opportunity for self-explore and shopping
- Boat ride back to Budapest in high season only
2017 Ratesonline booking
56 € Adults
28 € Children (up to 12 years)
Infants are free (up to 2 years)
Students are same as adult price
April to October
9:00 daily (except for Mondays)
November to March
9:00 Thursday, Saturday
The price includes free pick-up service 30 minutes before the tour starts.
Please make sure you leave us your accomodation details.
Duration: 8 - 9 hours
Let us take you on an unforgettable tour along the Blue Danube.
Visegrád: we walk close to the 750 year-old stones of the formal Royal Residence (entrance fee not included), learn about life in the middle ages and enjoy the fascinating panorama of the Danube Valley
Esztergom: the Northern gate of Budapest – the centre of the Catholic Church. We visit the largest cathedral of Hungary (also burial place of famous cardinals of Hungary, like Primate József Mindszenty). Afterwards, we glance across the river and enjoy the view over to Slovakia.
Szentendre: On the way back we stop in the artist's village of Szentendre. It is a small baroque city at the gate of the Danube Bend, at the meeting place of the river Danube and the Pilis mountains, in a beautiful natural environment. We walk around the baroque settlement, built on Medieval ruins and go up the narrow streets to the panorama point to see the Danube. We then simply enjoy the special atmosphere of this village. You can also take the opportunity to visit the museums (for example the world-famous Margit Kovács Ceramic Museum, the Confectionery Museum-with buildings and people made of marzipan), or you can choose to visit the shops of the village.
During the summer (between the 1st of May and the 28th of September) we return to Budapest on the Danube by boat.
The tour ends at the pier / city centre.
During the tour we stop for lunch (optional, not incl.)
Please note that this tour is not organized by us directly.
The program is provided by a reliable partner of Absolute Tours.
Booking Terms and Cancellation points
- Children and student pricing: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at adult price.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- In case of low water or flood, and during winter time we return to Budapest by bus.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.