- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Winter Bike Tour + Café & Market
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Learn about Hungarian food, how to cook the typical meals and then eat your creation!
Hungarian cuisine and culinary interaction from the roots up! Start with a short walk through a local market learning about the food types and ingredients. Afterwards, we'll take a short walk over to our cooking school where you will cook a 3-course meal and then eat it!
Highlights and Themes
- Short tour of the Great Market Hall
- Hungarian foods and ingredients
- Hungarian cooking lesson
- Real cookery school
- Professional kitchen
- Eat your creation
2017 Ratesonline booking
98 € Adults
94 € Students
70 € Child
Year Round - 09:00 Monday to Friday except for bank holidays
1056, 5th District Budapest, Fővám tér 6. on the square, in front of Burger King
Cooking ingredients, recipes that you can take with you after the course, chef's help, kitchenware and utensils, use of aprons, refreshment (soft drinks), and, of course, lunch (what you cooked)
The art of Hungarian cooking arises from old traditional ways, originating from the first settlers of the Carpathian Basin. Our cooking course will walk you through the fine ingredients our ancestors used many millenniums ago, during a short visit to the Great Market Hall. Here you'll get a chance to browse with the help of our guide and look over the foods we use for the base of many Hungarian meals.
After you market visit you'll get a hands-on Hungarian cooking 3-course lesson, giving you the opportunity to cook a Hungarian meal. During the lesson, you'll be able to learn and ask questions while cooking side-by-side with our chefs. They will show you how Hungarians use basic ingredients and spices like paprika and teach you the best cooking practices. Once you've mastered this you'll be able to treat your family and friends to a fantastic Hungarian dinner in your home country! After you have cooked the 3-course meal you'll sit down with everyone in your group and enjoy the fine meal you just created!
Our typical Hungarian menu is similar to this with fluctuation on seasonal ingredients and or diets (vegetarians are welcome).
Dietary Requirements: We try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs, we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited. (Vegetarian option is available).
Jó étvágyat! (bon appétit!)
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather.
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes without prior notice when necessary.
- Important notice:
We try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs, we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- Please note that this tour is not organized by us directly.
The program is provided by a reliable partner of Absolute Tours.