- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + Cafe Stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + Cafe Stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Voted as the best Christmas Markets in Europe! A short intro to the Christmas traditions, culture and markets in Budapest.
Highlights and Themes
- Guided tour and orientation with visits to 3 Christmas market areas
- Visit to St Stephen Basilica
- See Budapest's inner Pest sights all illuminated
- Stories about Hungarian Christmas culture
- 3 tier wine tasting
- Hot (mulled / spiced) wine
- Chimney cake
2017 Ratesonline booking
40 € Adult
38 € Student (with a valid student card)
20 € Child (up to 12 years)
Infants are free up to 2 years
Inclusions: English speaking tour guide, 3 tier wine tasting, 1 mulled wine, visit to St Stephen's Basilica (when it is open for public visit)
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
1 - 23 December - daily 14:30
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Duration: 2-2.5 hours
Get the local's point of view on the Christmas traditions and culture while seeing some of Budapest's best inner city sights. Your guide will walk you through 3 Christmas markets showing you the Hungarian handicrafts, trinkets, souvenirs as well as the local foods and sweets on sale. Along the way you will see the Opera House, Andrassy Blvd with option to see the holiday decorations inside and illuminated on the square. We will go inside the St Stephen's Basilica whenever it is open for public visiting.
Besides a great intro tour to the city you'll be treated to a 3 tier wine tasting in a nice restaurant while you'll get the chance to relax a bit while sipping away famous wines from Hungary.
At the end of the tour we invite you for a hot wine and then leave you in the biggest Christmas market on Vorosmarty square to self-explore and do some holiday shopping. Also off this square is the famous walking street Vaci where many shops can be found for more traditional shopping.
Our walking tours are small personal groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide and press them for local tips of where to go and what else to do.
- Discounted pricing: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Under age of 18, instead of wine soft drinks will be served.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.