- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk with dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour with Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour with Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour with café stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour with Cafe Stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk with Cafe Stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Spend an hour tasting delicious Hungarian wines!
Our program will walk you through the history of winemaking in Hungary and let you taste and discover just what is new and up and coming!
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Overview of wine history in Hungary
- 6 tier wine tasting
- Typical Hungarian wine titbit snacks
- Cheese selection from local farmers
- Tips on types of wine to try
2017 Ratesonline booking
39 € Adults
39 € Students
No guest under 18 are allowed on this tour.
Inclusions: English speaking commentary for 6 tier wine tasting with small snacks
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
15:00 - Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saurday, Sunday
No tours on 15 March, 1 May, 20 August, 23 October, 1 November, 23 - 26 December, 1 January
Faust Wine Cellar (inside of the dominican cellar of the Hilton Hotel) I. district, Buda Castle, Hess András tér 1-3.
Duration: 1.5 hours
A new and exciting era is beginning for the Hungarian wine industry, and we give you a chance to become part of it! With over 22 entirely different wine regions and more than 100 different grape varietals - of which 30+ are indigenous to Hungary - you'll have plenty to discover.
Our private wine tasting program is designed to introduce the mainstream Hungarian wines as well as teach our guests about the grapes grown and how they are crafted in Hungary today. Your wine tasting experience will take place in a specialized Hungarian wine cellar where the expert staff will walk you through the 6 types we offer and explain their geographical origin and the history behind each of them.
Of the 6 wines to be tried, 1 will be a Tokaj variety and the others will be a mix of red and whites that will introduce you to the wines being made in Hungary. In addition, you'll also get to taste a selection of cheeses and some typical Hungarian snacks. And, feel free to pick the brain of your wine expert for other wines to try during your stay.
The Wine tasting experience is held in the Castle District in a wine cellar in the ruins of a former Dominican Cloister. (important notice: Participants must be able to walk up and down several flights of stairs with handrails without difficulty.)
This tour is the perfect chance to have a sneak peak into a historical sight and taste the delicious wines and cheeses of Hungary.
- Minimum 2 person per booking
- Discounted pricing: Student discount is available, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- No one under 18 is permitted on this tour and everyone MUST care a picture ID card or passport for age verification
- Right to refuse service and or drinks to overly intoxicated participants. Drink responsibly and have a good time!
- Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.