- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Winter Bike Tour + Café & Market
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Explore the must-see sights of Budapest in the thrilling and legendary Trabant!
Participate in a short Trabant-driving lesson, race with your friends in an enclosed area and hit the road to explore! Enjoy this tiny-yet-mighty car, driven either by you or by a tour guide and chauffeurs. Chug along the avenues and boulevards of vivid Budapest.
Highlights and Themes
- Small groups with a private guide
- An engaging tour with interesting stories
- Overview of Hungarian history and culture
- Driving the Trabant
- Obstacle race
- Visit to Heroes' Square and to the Citadel
- Drive along Andrássy Avenue, across two historical bridges and moreHistorical sights
2017 Ratesonline booking
Current rates are published on our online booking system.
Inclusions: Pick up, English speaking guide, refuelled Trabant, welcome snack (typical Hungarian salty sticks), driving lesson, Obstacle race, in case of more cars chauffeurs, stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Food and beverages, gratuity/tip.
Children Policy: Participation of children under 6 years is not recommended.
9.30 and 14.30 daily
The tour includes pick up service in the area of Budapest
Conclusion Point: wherever in the area of Budapest.
Duration: 3-4 hours (app. 1 hour enclosed racing + 2-3 hours sightseeing)
Our Classic Trabant Tour is personalized to keep things interesting. Due to our experience with our guests' wishes, we offer you two options.
After picking you up at your accommodation, we'll take you to an enclosed area to complete an obstacle course to help you get acquainted with the legendary Trabant. You'll quickly find out how easy it is to master the gearshift and the clutch of this magnificent vehicle, and we'll teach you how to shift and drive without engine break. By request, we can also meet you near the race course. Just let us know.
After getting warmed up, you'll have the chance to have a go driving the Trabant around the city. The staff of Rent-a-Trabant Budapest will tag along, providing maintenance if needed and, of course, tour guiding at the various stops along the way.
During the tour, we'll check out some of the major sights of Budapest. At Heroes' Square where you'll get a great summary of Hungarian history. This is what the square was built for: to sum up the past of the country from the conquest of this land to the 1000th anniversary of the existence of Hungary with a breath-taking eclectic architectural narration.
After this stop, we get back to our cars and drive around the green area behind Heroes' Square - the City Park. Then we make our way towards the Citadel along the longest road in Budapest, Andrássy Avenue.
Approaching the highest downtown viewpoint we cross the first stable bridge built to ally the two sides of Budapest, the Chain Bridge. We drive through the Tunnel and after a short but challenging uphill drive, we'll arrive at Gellért Hill.
Here your guide will tell you more about the city's history and put the past and present into context. You'll be told funny and interpretive stories about the surroundings and the famous lady on top of the hill, the Hungarian Liberty Statue. On our way back to the center we cross Elisabeth Bridge. The tour then ends wherever is convenient for you.
And if you're not keen to drive the Trabant in the city, our guide and chauffeurs will take the wheel instead. Don't worry, you can change your mind and switch at any time, though!
- Drivers are ought to have valid driving licence.
- Guests under influence of alcohol are not allowed to drive.
- Participation of children under 6 years is not recommended.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty with no refunds given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.