- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Winter Bike Tour + Café & Market
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
A delightful Hungarian Folk Ensemble Program!
There are not many countries beside Hungary, where the art of folk-dancing is at such high artistic level.
There exists even a college for studying Hungarian Folk dances.
Highlights and Themes
- Professional Certified Folk Ensemble acts
- Rich Folkloric History Aspects
- Minimum 30 professional performers on stage
2017 Ratesonline booking
Current prices are published on our reservation system.
Discounts tickets for students and children also available online.
Inclusions: Entry tickets
Exclusions: Food drink, transport to/from concert location
Please see our booking calendar for upcoming performance dates.
DUNA PALOTA Concert Hall - Address: 1051 Budapest, Zrinyi utca 5.
Hungarian Folk Ensemble Performance
Concert: 1.5 - 2 hours
Optional dinner and cruise after the concert: 1.5 hours
The cultural traditions of Hungary are unique in the world. There exist only a handful of countries where folk music and dances are being practiced at such a high artistic level. In Hungary, these art forms are treated as an indispensable part of the country’s heritage.
It’s easy to see that our culture’s foundations are based on music and movement, which are not only part of our country’s culture; they are part of our lives as well. One of the best ways of getting acquainted with the Hungarian experience is attending a traditional folk dance performance. You can receive this experience from first hand, from the best and most famous performers in the country. The Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, the Danube Folk Ensemble and the Hungaria Folk Ensemble & Orchestra are the country’s most respected dance ensembles with the longest traditions, dating back more than six decades.
The groups consist of 30 dancers, and about 20 folk musicians based on the performing groups. With these performances you will experience the most famous, and the lesser known Hungarian and Gypsy dances from all areas of the country. Through them, you can witness the Hungarian cultural heritage.
Optional Dinner and Cruise:
After the show, join us on a 1.5 hour-long river cruise on one of our heated and air-conditioned ship starting at 22:00. You can enjoy a buffet dinner consisting of Hungarian and international specialities, vegetarian foods and many different delicious catering to a niche admiring the one of a kind beauty of Budapest swimming in lights. After dinner, you can enjoy the view from the open upper deck of the ship.
Booking Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Points:
- 3 years and older are charged at student price
- The theatre management reserves the right to refuse admission and request latecomers to await admission to the auditorium until a convenient break in the performance. The theatre management cannot guarantee that latecomers can occupy the original seats assigned to them by their tickets. For each location please show up 30 minutes minimum prior to program time.
Info / confirmation tel: (+36-1) 317-1377
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes without prior notice when necessary.
- No numbered seats, please show up 30 min minimum prior to program time.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty with no refunds given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.
- Please make sure the meeting point information on the voucher is correct, as depending on the date it is either the
DUNA PALOTA Concert Hall (Address: V. District, Zrinyi utca 5.) or the
BUDAI VIGADO Concert Hall (Address: I. district, Covin ter 8.)