- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Winter Bike Tour + Café & Market
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Explore Budapest's Jewish culture and heritage!
One of the largest Jewish communities in Europe!
Highlights and Themes
- Jewish Budapest and Hungarian history
- Entry ticket to the Great Synagogue
- Entry ticket to the Jewish Museum
- Holocaust Cemetery and Tree of Life
- Jewish District Walk Through
- Shoes on the Danube Bank Memorial
Group over 5 people
Inclusions: Private English speaking guide, entry fees to Great Synagogue and Jewish Museum, public transport during the tour.
Exclusions: Food and beverages except where noted, transport from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
1 February - 31 January
10:00, daily except Saturdays and Jewish Holidays
At your accommodation.
If your accomodation is not centrally located, the the meeting point will be at the Absolute Tour Centre - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 or at a previously agreed point.
Tour ends in downtown close to public transportation links.
Duration: 4 hours
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in Central-East Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage. Throughout the centuries, Hungarian and Jewish history has been so entwined that it is almost inseparable. Jews played, and still play today, an important role in the country's economic, cultural and political life.
The tour includes: an interior visit to the Dohány Street Synagogue, which is the largest in Europe, a ticket to the Jewish Museum, which has an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe; a visit to the Holocaust Cemetery where thousands were buried during the ghetto times; and the Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life which was created to remind us of those who perished in the war. We also pass by the Heroes Temple, which was built in memory of those who gave their lives during WWII.
Then - to understand the present - we continue our walk to the newly rejuvenated Jewish Quarter, which was used as a ghetto during the WWII. It hosts synagogues, monuments, kosher restaurants, and shops. We'll also see the Carl Lutz Memorial and you'll get a chance to walk through the gate of the ghetto on Madach Square. We use public transportation to reach the concluding stop of our tour: the moving memorial of the Shoes on the Danube Bank. The sixty pairs of shoes commemorates the victims shot into the Danube during WWI.
- Important Notice: Please wear modest clothing (covering your shoulders and thighs) when visiting the Synagogue. Male visitors can not enter with a bare head.
- Due to the restrictions set by the Synagogue, our guides are not allowed to fully guide or talk loudly inside. Guides will give full descriptions before entering the Synagogue and be on hand throughout the visit to answer questions discreetly
- Discounted pricing: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Visiting the exhibition room requires the ability to climb one flight of stairs (with handrail).
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty with no refunds given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.