- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + Cafe Stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + Cafe Stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
A complete overview of Hungary and the Hungarians from the the origins up to modern day!
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Historical overview of Hungary
- Learn about the Hungarians and where they came from
- Special interest sights for historical focus
- Start back in time and travel forward the modern day
- Learn about the Roman, Ottomans, Austrians and Russians and their effect in shaping the city we have today
- Coffee and cake stop
Group over 5 people
Inclusions: Private English speaking guide, coffee or soft drink with 2 homemade pastries, public transport tickets during the tour, many stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
All Year Around - daily, 9:30, 15:00
At your accommodation.
In case accommodation is not centrally located: meeting point can be arranged in Absolute Tour Centre - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 or in previously agreed meeting point.
Delve into the past of Hungary and the Hungarians, Budapest and the evolution of the city you see today. Your guide takes you on a historical journey from the ancient times of the people who occupied the land known today as Hungary, right up until the modern day.
Discover the history of the people, the country and state and culture. From the celtic times through history of the region. Learn about Attila the Hun and his real relation to the modern day Hungarians. The Roman empire and the settlements of Pannonia. The 150 years of Ottoman rule/occupation, the struggle to be free and the historical marks it left on the city, the country, the people and the language.
Hear all about the struggle to flourish under the Habsburg empire leading to the great compromise, and then into WWI and the loss of two-thirds of Hungary's territory after the Treaty of Trianon. Go on to learn about why Hungary entered WWII with the Nazis, and the effect the WWII battles and sieges had on Budapest.
Towards the end of the tour we teach you all about the rise of Communism and the Stalinist rule which bled the country of new property and freedoms. The short lived freedom fighting and 1956 revolution, the marches, protests and then the great battles with men versus Soviet tanks fought in the famous street battles. We then go to our own private exhibition room where we will introduce you to the real features of a Hungarian home through relics to typical furniture and furnishings. Furthermore we have an extensive collection of many communist related relics, such as red and blue passports, party member's registration book, pins, medals, currency and huge placards to help your understanding of the propaganda we once lived under!
We finish the tour learning about big brother's political changes at Perestroika leading to Hungary eventually running free elections and the change of an era into capitalism and what is today's modern Hungary.
- Discounted pricing: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.