- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + Cafe Stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + Cafe Stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Buda castle district tour with hidden secrets!
The Buda castle district has many sights relating to the historical events. However there are hidden secrets still to be told!
Highlights and Themes
- Buda Castle area, history of occupation
- Medieval stories of kings whom resided here
- The modern era and present day of the Buda castle area
- Fun facts and stories
- Visit the Fisherman's Bastion and Matyas Church (Inside)
- Coffee and cake stop
Group over 5 people
Inclusions: Private certified guide, hotel pick up and transfer to Castle district using public transport, entry fees to Matthias church, coffee and cake
Exclusions: Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
All year around
Monday - Friday: 9:30, 15:00
No tours on Saturdays.
At your accommodation.
In case accommodation is not centrally located: meeting point can be arranged in Absolute Tour Centre - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 or in previously agreed meeting point.
Tour ends in the Buda Castle District near (Mátyás templom) Matthias Church
Duration: 2,5 hours plus transport time from accomodation
A private guide will meet you at your centrally located accommodation and will lead you to the historical Buda Castle District area to begin your 2,5 hour tour, taking in the main sights and tiny Medieval cobblestone streets. We will unveil past stories, tales and legends of secret and hidden areas that are often overlooked and give you a more in-depth view of the area and the historical events that have shaped it over centuries.
Our tour takes you back in time of how the Castle Hill was originally built and laid out. How the area was and has been used over the centuries by many different cultures and nations. Walk through these major historical points and learn how the castle district survived and helped its inhabitants defend and live through invasions and occupations for centuries. Learn the secrets of the Castle Hill!
During this tour you will see the major areas of Royal Palace, Presidential Palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess András Square and Fisherman's Bastion. We show you around inside the Matthias Church with its stories and legends.
We take a brake with coffee and cake in a cosy Café of the Castle District.
Please wear modest clothing (covering shoulders and thighs) when visiting our church. Male visitors are requested to enter with bare head - unless this is against the rules of their religion.
- Discounted pricing: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.