- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk with dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour with Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour with Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour with café stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour with Cafe Stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk with Cafe Stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Get to know the Jewish history of Budapest!
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- The history of the old Pest and the old Jewish market
- Deák Square and the Gábor Sztehlo Monument
- Visiting the first Jewish Center in Pest - Király street and Madách square
- Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue and Jewish Museum with local guiding
- Martyrs' Cemetery – Holocaust Memorial Park and Raoul Wallenberg Park, Tree of Life
- Heroes' Temple – (outside visit)
- Jewish Centre
2017 Ratesonline booking
25 € Adults
24 € Students
1 May - 31 October
Every day except Saturdays - 10 am, 2 pm
1 November - 30 November
Every day except Saturdays - 10 am
No tours from December to April.
Inclusions: Entries to mentioned sights, English speaking guide, stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to additional sights and museums, food and beverages, gratuity/tip.
3 years and older are charged at student price
Student rate will requre a valid student ID card when joining the tour
1052 Budapest, Deak Ferenc Square, Sztehlo Gabor Monument.
Tour ends in the Jewish District, in the downtown of Budapest.
Duration: 2 - 2,5 hours
Jewish Cultural Heritage in Budapest
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in central eastern Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage. Through centuries the Hungarian and Jewish history has been so entwined that it is almost inseparable. Jews played and play an important role in the country's economic, cultural and political life.
Those who are short of time can take our 2 - 2.5 hour Jewish Heritage Essential Tour. With the help of our English speaking guides you will be acquainted with the most important chapters of the history and culture of the Hungarian Jewry.
The tour includes an interior visit to the Dohány Street Synagogue, which is the largest in Europe and local guided tour in the Jewish Museum, which has an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe. After the synagogue we visit the Martyrs' Cemetery where thousands were buried, who were killed in the Ghetto. We continue our tour in The Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life which was created to remind us of those, who perished in the Holocaust. We will pass by the Heroes' temple, built in memory of the Jewish soldiers who gave their lives for Austria-Hungary during the WWI. After the tour it is possible to visit the Jewish Centre with exhibitions about Jewish history.
Important notice: Please wear modest clothing (covering shoulders and thighs) when visiting the Synagogues. Male visitors can not enter with bare head.
Booking Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Points:
- Please wear modest clothing (covering shoulders and thighs) when visiting the Synagogues. Male visitors can not enter with bare head.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking with short breaks. Tour goes in all weather conditions, not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes without prior notice when necessary.