Highlights and Themes
- Licensed English speaking guide
- A look at Hungarian culinary culture, both traditional and modern along with ingredients and specialty food shops
- Learn the history of the Great Market Hall
- Sample salami, pickles, try Hungarian savoury scones
- Small dessert
1052 Budapest, Fovam ter (Square) - opposite the Market Hall, in front of Burger King.
Conclusion point: same
- English speaking licensed tour guide
- Tastings: salami, pickles, bakery products, cake
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Minimum age of passengers is: 3
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for nut allergy sufferers and vegans.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Important notice: there will be a 30 minutes free time between the two tours. The market walk will start from the conclusion point of the walking tour.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
Exploring Budapest through its market is an excellent way to get to know the city. The Great Market Hall is one of Europe's largest and most spectacular indoor markets. Here you'll get acquainted with Hungarian cuisine through a great variety and abundance of local and seasonal ingredients which are on display. Your guide will introduce the history of the building, along with the culture of food and drink and the everyday cooking and eating habits of Hungarians.
Your 1,5 hour tour includes tasting of salami, pickles, some bakery products and a small dessert.