- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Crawling, climbing and extreme fun in a unique setting!
Budapest's hot springs have left a huge underground caving system which can be explored through climbing and crawling!
Highlights and Themes
- Budapest's natural cave system
- Unique and fun tour experience
- Geological history of the region
2017 Ratesonline booking
38 € Adults
35 € Students (with a valid student card)
Due to insurance reasons, this tour is not suitable for guests under the age of 14 and over the age of 55.
Important: Each participant must wear suitable, closed-toe sports shoes for this tour - flip flops, high heels and sandals are not suitable and guests will forfeit their participations without refund. Please make sure you have valid transport pass or 4 public transport tickets per person with you!
Inclusions: Caving entry fee, professional caving guide for the tour, use of helmet and lamp, use of overall suit.
Exclusions: Transport to and from the meeting point, no food or drink is included but available.
Daily, except for Sundays
15:30 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday
10:30 - Tuesday, Thursday
14:30 - Saturday
At the Pál-völgyi Caves - 1025 Budapest, Szépvölgyi str 162.
Please make sure you have valid transport pass or 4 public transport tickets per person with you!
Directions from the city center by public transportation:
Catch bus number 9 towards 'Óbuda, Bogdáni út' Bus number 9 has several stops in the central area of Budapest, you can catch it from Kalvin Square, Astoria, Deak Ferenc Square, St. Stephen's Basilica, Arany Janos Street, Nyugati Railway Station etc. You need to get off from the bus at Kolosy Square.
Walk down Lajos Street until you reach Szepvolgyi Street and turn to the right. Walk 100 m until you reach the bus terminal.
From Kolosy Square you should catch bus number 65 or 65A. Get off at 'Pál-völgyi cseppkőbarlang', 5 stops from Kolosy Square.
Note: please, note that the buses only stop if someone gets off the vehicle, you can ask the bus driver remind you when you reach your destination.
Public transport tickets: please buy them in advance. 1 single ticket is valid for 1 journey. If you change busses, you need to validate a new ticket.
The travel time from the center to the caves is about 45 minutes by public transport.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Hungary's capital, Budapest, is famous for its hot springs. Many people visit Hungary's famous thermal baths, but only a few know that the hot water rushing up from deep underground created something else too. In the limestone mountains under Budapest, the heated water formed a huge cave system which is thought to be more than 100 km long. The spas and caves of Budapest are planned to be declared UNESCO World Heritage sites. The longest cave in Budapest is the 20.1 km long Pál-völgyi-Mátyás-hegyi cave system located in the Duna-Ipoly National Park. It is a real multi-level labyrinth with most of its chambers under the residential districts of Budapest.
If you aren't claustrophobic you can apply for our regularly scheduled cave tours which are guided by qualified caving guides. During the 2.5-3 hour long tours, you will often have to climb on walls and crawl through narrow passages so you have to be prepared for adventure.
The tours lead through natural parts of the cave, with the supervision of professional caving guides. All the necessary equipment - overall, helmet, light - is provided. You can change your clothes in changing rooms. Though one has to crawl, climb, scramble or creep many times during the tour, no previous experience in caving is needed.
Tour guides are qualified members of the Hungarian Caving Association.
- Student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Due to insurance reasons, this tour is not suitable for guests under the age of 14 and over the age of 55. Guests under or over this age limit will be refused to participate in the tour with no refunds.
- Each participant must wear suitable, closed-toe sports shoes for this tour - flip flops, high heels and sandals are not suitable and guests will forfeit their participations without refund.
- Guests must sign a waiver form to participate on this tour.
- Guest should dress for 16-18°C and have a warm pullover. Caving overalls are provided on this tour.
- Not responsible for accidents on the tour. Tour guides are qualified members of the Hungarian caving association.
Participants must be physically fit for climbing and crawl for 2 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty with no refunds given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.