- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Winter Bike Tour + Café & Market
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Get to know the Buda Castle District!
Learn about the history of the Buda Castle District, from the first stone set to the modern day version we see today! On this guided tour, you'll learn all about the history of the Buda Castle District.
Highlights and Themes
- Learn about Buda Castle and its history of occupation
- Stories of Medieval kings whom resided here
- Understand the modern era of Buda Castle area
- Fun facts and stories
- Visit the Fisherman's Bastion and Matyas Church (Inside)
- Coffee and cake stop
2017 Ratesonline booking
34 € Adult
32 € Student (with a valid student card)
17 € Child (up to 12 years)
Infants are free up to 2 years
Inclusions: English speaking guide, entrance to Matthias Church, coffee stop.
Exclusions: Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Year around - 14:30 Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Meeting point: Buda Castle District I, Szentháromság tér Holy Trinity statue (in the middle of the square).
Tour ends in the Buda Castle District, near Matthias Church
Duration: 2.5 hours
Get a historical overview of the Buda Castle district, walk through the small cobblestone streets and squares with a professional local guide. You'll get a feel for its Medieval aspects from the first stone laid to the present day use. Your guide will lead you through the castle area and its historical points, talking about the occupations it endured and the roles it played throughout Hungarian history.
Our tour takes you back in time to see how Castle Hill was originally built and designed. How the whole area was and has been used over the centuries by many different cultures and nations. Walk through these major historical points and learn how the Castle District survived and helped its inhabitants defend and live through invasions and occupations for centuries. Learn the secrets of the Buda castle Hill!
During this tour, you will see the major areas including Royal Palace, Presidential palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess Andras Square and Fisherman's Bastion. We show you around inside the Matthias Church with its stories and its legends.
Conclusion point: Tour ends in the Buda Castle District, near Matthias Church
Our walking tours are small personal groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide and press them for local tips of where to go and what else to do.
- Discounted pricing: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty with no refunds given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.