- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Get to know the Castle District on a Segway!
We'll teach you how to ride a Segway, the self-balancing electric scooter, and then take you on a guided tour of the Buda Castle District!
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Learn about Buda Castle and its history of occupations, sieges and victories!
- The modern era of Buda Castle area
- Fun facts and stories about the sights
2017 Ratesonline booking
45 € Adults
No children or student discounts on this tour.
No infants allowed.
Children must weigh at least 40 kg (90lbs) and be at least 10 years of age.
Inclusions: Guided training and tour in English, Segway machine rental, helmet, stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
1 February to 30 April Daily - 10:00, 14:00
1 May to 31 October Daily - 10:00, 14:00, 16:00
1 November to 31 January Daily - 10:00, 14:00
1014 Budapest, Szentháromság tér, Buda Castle District, in front of the Szentharomsag Statue (Holy Trinity Column) in the middle of the Square.
Duration: 1 hour + training
Get a historical overview of the Buda Castle district on a Segway through the cobblestone streets and squares, grand palaces and buildings making up the area. We'll explore the castle's medieval aspects from the first stone laid to the present day modern use. Your guide will lead you through the Castle area and its historical points, talking about the different roles it played throughout Hungarian history all while enjoying the freedom to effortlessly glide on a Segway past these grand sights.
During this tour, you will see major areas including the Royal Palace, Presidential Palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess András Square, Matthias Church of Our Lady and the Fisherman's Bastion, Arpad Toth Promenade, Mary Magdalene Tower and Church.
The tour starts with a 20 minute orientation session (not included in quoted tour time). You will have time to practice on the Segway so that you feel comfortable and ready to go out and conquer the Castle.
Our Segway tours are small and generally do not have more than 6 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions.
Booking Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Points:
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (we encourage our guests to bring hats and gloves to keep the extremities warm during colder months).
- Refunds/exchanges are not given due to unfavourable weather conditions.
- Tour operator not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing over 280llbs/130kg or under 90llbs/40kg.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Unfortunately, pregnant women are NOT able to participate.
- Insurance Waiver and Damage Deposit: Insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (children under 18 years must have an adult sign for them)