- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Winter Bike Tour + Café & Market
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Join us as we venture to Szentendre by bike where we'll explore one of Hungary's most charming towns - known as the Hungarian artist village - before returning to Budapest on a picturesque Danube cruise.
Highlights and Themes
- Cycle along the Danube from Budapest to Szentendre
- Flat ride, 22 km/17 miles along the banks of the river
- Learn all about Freedom Square, Parliament and Margaret Island in Budapest
- Stroll through the cobbled streets of Szentendre
- Taste a famous Hungarian snack - langos!
- Return to Budapest by boat (or alternate transport)
2017 Ratesonline booking
Adult: 55 €
Student: 53 € (with valid student card)
Child: due to the long distance cycled on this tour, children under 12 are not able to take part.
Minimum number of 2 guests per booking apply
Inclusions: English speaking tour guide, high-end bike rental optional helmet included during the tour time, langos food snack, boat ticket (or alternate transport) from Szentendre to Budapest.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
4 May 2017 - 1 October 2017
10:30, Thursday, Sunday
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point is the same as the meeting point.
Full tour description
Duration: approx. 8-9 hours
Join us as we cycle through the streets of Budapest and then along the Danube to the Medieval artistic town of Szentendre.
Your tour will begin in the heart of Budapest and you'll learn about some of the key sights before we begin our leisurely ride. We'll start the tour at Liberty Square where you'll gain an insight into Budapest's more recent history, before checking out the spectacular Parliament building and heading to the river. Crossing Margaret Bridge, you'll get to cycle through the lush green Margaret Island before arriving in Buda to start the journey to Szentendre through Obuda's (Old Buda) charming town center.
Your cycle to Szentendre follows the Danube and passes through fields, forests and beaches and we'll have a short break in one of the several bars and cafes along the way before continuing our ride.
Arriving in the quaint Medieval town of Szentendre, we'll park the bikes before we take a relaxing stroll through the cobblestone streets. Your guide will show you the best that Szentendre has to offer and will also stop so you can try a classic Hungarian snack food - langos! After our break, you'll have a chance to self-explore the artistic shops, galleries and churches of the town center.
At the end of the tour, we'll head to Szentendre Pier to board the boat back to Budapest. You can enjoy a relaxing cruise along the Danube with spectacular views, giving you a whole different perspective of this part of the world.
A great and varied day awaits you - top Budapest sights, a cycle ride along the countryside that lines the river, and exploration of Szentendre and a cruise back to the city along the Danube!
Important notice: Return transport by boat may be cancelled in times of high tide and alternative return transport will be provided.
Our bike tours are small and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions
- This tour requires guests to cycle along the flat banks of the Danube approximately 22km (17 miles) to Szentendre, with breaks along the way.
- Due to the long distance cycled on this tour, children under 12 are not able to take part.
- Participants must know how to ride a bike.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Organizer is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to tour time
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes without prior notice when necessary
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty with no refunds given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.