Highlights and Themes
- Small-group walking tour, interactive participation encouraged
- Refreshments included
- Learn about Hungary's past and traditions
- See Heroes' Square and City Park and have a look into a spa
- Inner Pest – Opera, Andrassy, Basilica and Chain Bridge
- Short walk through Buda Castle District – Fisherman's Bastion, Matthias Church
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: Tour ends in the Buda Castle District, near Matthias Church.
- English speaking guide
- Coffee or soft drink with Hungarian dessert
- Public transport tickets during the tour
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Private Tour Option
We are happy to organize your private walking tour!
Your walking tour begins at the Opera House from where you take a short ride on the Millennium Metro out to Heroes' Square and City Park. Here you’ll get a great introduction to Hungary's rich history and culture through the stories of its great kings. Then, you'll walk through City Park to visit Vajdahunyad Castle and you'll stop off and peek inside to Szechenyi Baths to learn about the amazing bath culture this country has to offer. After you'll take the Millennium Metro back towards the city center and stop off at the end of Andrassy Avenue where you’ll hear about the significance the street to the city's nobility.
Next you'll head over to see St. Stephen’s Basilica (outside only) before taking a break in a café for a taste of a Hungary’s dessert and a coffee or soft drink (included in the tour). After your refreshment break, you head down to the riverside to see the famous blue Danube. Here you'll take in the spectacular view of UNESCO World Heritage panorama with Buda Castle, Matthias Church, Royal Palace and Gellert Hill with the Citadel as you cross the river via the famous Chain Bridge.
For the final leg of the tour you'll climb the steps up into the Buda Castle District and then wander through the old cobblestone streets and alleys to our finishing point in front of the Matthias Church and Fisherman’s Bastion. At the conclusion of the tour, your guide will help with ideas, directions and more!