- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk with dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour with Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour with Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour with café stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour with Cafe Stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk with Cafe Stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
The most recommended tour in Budapest!
Complete overview of history, Buda Castle, Inner Pest sights, Heroes' Sq, City Park & all the major sights.
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Small group walking tour
- Soft drink and two homemade Hungarian pastries included
- Innovative stories, interactive participation encouraged
- Overview of Hungarian History and Culture
- Visit to Hero's Sq. and City Park with a peek into a bath house
- Inner Pest – Opera, Andrassy, Basilica and Chain Bridge
- Buda Castle District – Royal Palace, Fisherman's Bastion, Matthias Church
2017 Ratesonline booking
34 € Adult
32 € Student (with a valid student card)
17 € Child (up to 12 years)
Infants are free up to 2 years
Inclusions: English speaking guide, coffee or soft drink with 2 homemade pastries, public transport tickets during the tour, many stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Year Round - Daily at 10:00 AM
from 1 April to 30 September 2017 14:30 - Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: Tour ends in the Buda Castle District, near Matthias Church.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Our walking tour begins at the Opera House and then a short ride on the Millennium metro out to the Heroes' Sq and City Park. There you'll have a great introduction to the rich Hungarian history and culture through the chronological line of kings. Then we walk through the city park to visit the Vajdahunyad Castle (outside only), a complex built for the world fayre in 1896 displaying typical architecture found throughout Hungary.
Next, a stop off at Széchenyi bath house (with a peek inside when open) to learn about the amazing bath culture this country has to offer. Next we take the Millennium metro back towards the city center and stop off at the end of Andrassy Blvd. where you'll hear about the significance the street brought to culture and nobility.
After our city park visit we head over to the St. Stephen's Basilica (outside only) before we take a break in a café for a taste of Hungary's famous pastry called “retes” which is a traditional type of strudel. Here guests will each get two homemade pastries and a coffee or soft drink (included in the tour). After our refreshment break we head down to the riverside to see the famous blue Danube. Here we will take in the spectacular view of Gellert hill and the Citadel, Buda Hills and the Royal Palace as we cross the river via Budapest's Chain Bridge.
For the final leg of the tour we climb the steps up into the Buda Castle District and then wander through the old cobble stone streets and alleys to our finishing point in front of the Matthias church and Fisherman's Bastion. At the conclusion of the tour the guide will help with ideas, directions and more!
Our walking tours are small personal groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide and press them for local tips of where to go and what else to do.
- Discounted pricing: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.