Budapest Caving – Discover a new side to the city (and yourself)!
Before you arrive in Budapest you must have checked out the attractions, what to do and where to go. There are typical tourist attractions like the Castle District, the Parliament, Váci Street or Heroes’ square and you will also find that the city offers various some very different exciting activities to choose from. You can go on a Segway Tour or attempt to free yourself against the clock in one of the famous escape rooms – (invented by us Hungarians by the way :) But if you are an adventurous type who would like to do something unique and more challenging, don’t look further: Budapest Caving, right under the city is your best bet!
Probably at the mention of the word ‘caving’ you might picture marvelous yawning halls filled with the sparkling beauty of dripstone formations such as stalactites, stalagmites and stalagmite columns where you can walk around on artificial pathways. Although we have those as well in Hungary – this is something very different. Here you can enjoy the great feeling that comes with discovering your abilities and meeting a physical challenge!
Accompanied by an expert guide who leads you through the cave, climbing up and down through passageways, crawl your way through places you never thought you could. The longest cave system of Hungary has been left in its natural state, but lies just underneath residential districts of Budapest. Get acquainted with this amazing subterranean world!
You will encounter stunning formations and impressive halls such as the Theatre or the Chapel. Meet the ghost of the cave and take a selfie with it.
Prepare to get dirty and take part in one of the most adventurous experiences of your life!
Budapest Caving Tour Info:
- This tour is a small group activity and about 2.5 hours long.
- The cave can be visited all year around as the interior temperature is constant
- Caving equipment (overall, helmet and light) is provided.
- Tours start every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 2:30pm, every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30am, and on Saturdays at 1:30pm.
- You don’t need to have any previous experience in caving.
- Requires some upper body strength but most people are successful.
- This activity is definitely not for the claustrophobic.
- Booking in advance is necessary. For more information please visit our website and book the tour here
Suggested categories: Budapest, Budapest Sights, Caving, Adventure
Suggested S.E.O. keyword: “Caving” “Adventure” “Budapest Adventure”
Tags (Tours this is on): Caving in Budapest