- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk with dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour with Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour with Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour with café stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour with Cafe Stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk with Cafe Stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Alternative Budapest shows visitors not the usual sights, monuments and historical landmarks that other tours show you, but takes you deeper, further and more underground. Our tours aren't about the past, they're about what's happening now.Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Introduction to Budapest's established and expanding alternative culture
- Small groups with professional guide
- Visit a local artist's studio and gallery
- Learn about Budapest's street art and graffiti scene
- Explore districts rarely visited by tourists
2017 Ratesonline booking
18 € Adult
17 € Student (with a valid student card)
9 € Child (up to 12 years)
Infants are free up to 2 years
Inclusions: English speaking guide, many stops for photos and questions, public transport tickets during the tour.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Year round - 15:00 Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Extra availability from 1 April to 31 October:
15:00 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
We meet at V. District Deák tér in front of the Lutheran Church (pale yellow), on the church steps
Duration: 3 hours
Our tour starts in the center of the city but quickly heads away from the main tourist hangouts and stumbles into Budapest's Jewish district, where Budapest's alternative culture is really kicking off. Just like East Berlin after the fall of the wall, Budapest's uncared for districts are fast becoming the places to be.
The tour covers a wide variety themes and topics – from Budapest's graffiti and street art culture to current politics, relevant history and personal stories, to fashion, design, architecture & the local music scene. Each tour route is different depending on what is happening in the city, but you'll visit a mixture of arts and culture centres, abandoned synagogues, independent galleries, community spaces, music venues, theatres, and make a stop for a coffee or beer in an art and coffee collective or a ruin bar come community centre/bike workshop/analogue photography gallery.
As we limit the tour to small groups only (max. 15 people, but generally smaller), our tours have a very personal feel and you'll get to know your guide and other tour participants throughout your exploration of Budapest.
All of our guides are fully qualified and active in various areas of the alternative creative scene in Budapest and you'll end the tour in a great venue where you'll be able to pick the brain of your guide for info on great places to check out during your stay in Budapest (both mainstream/historical and more off-the-beaten-track)."
- Discounted pricing: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.