- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk with dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour with Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour with Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour with café stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour with Cafe Stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk with Cafe Stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Explore Budapest through its local food and craft beer on our unique walking tour.
Discover Hungarian cuisine in a new and unique way! Led by local guides with native experience, this walking tour introduces you to the real and non-commercial life of Hungarian people and their eating and drinking habits with tastings along the way.
Highlights and Themes
- Overview of the Hungarian cuisune, culture and history through a local's perspective
- Try real Hungarian specialties
- Many food tastings at different venues, known only to locals.
- Top quality Hungarian craft beers in a local bar
- Personal small-group tour (max.15 people)
2017 Ratesonline booking
Adult: 45 €
Student: 45 €
Children (up to 12 years): 22.5 €
Minimum number of 2 guests per booking apply!
Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks intead.
All year around
1 February - 31 March: 14:00 - Friday
1 April - 31 October: 15:00 - Monday, Thursday, Friday
1 November - 31 January: 14:00 - Friday
1054 Budapest Báthory u. 22.
Conclusion point: Tour ends in the city center, in the Jewish district
Duration: 3.5 - 4 hours
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a native and local guide! The walking tour starts by visiting traditional Hungarian food producers at a local market in downtown Budapest with several tasting possibilities. Taste, eat and enjoy the stories of how Hungarian families used to produce their traditional ingredients! You will have a chance to see how locals make ‘lángos', the very special fried bread, and can learn how real Hungarians eat it.
The tour continues with a visit into a local butcher's shop, where you can experience the various meat products with delicious pickled vegetables. Throughout the journey your guide will introduce you to traditions, curiosities and unforgettable stories of how much Hungarians love to eat!
Wandering in downtown Budapest area the tour visits a small family owned patisserie with a hidden courtyard, which gives you a quick peek into the treasures of Budapest. You definitely want to see it!
The tour will end with a tasting of three different craft beers at a local brewery while your guide introduces you to the culture of Hungarian beers with some exciting stories connected to the country's history.
Important note: we try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- Important notice: We try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead.
- Participants will need to be fit for light walking for up to 4 hours, with breaks.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.