- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Winter Bike Tour + Café & Market
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Explore Budapest through its local food and craft beer on our unique walking tour.
Discover Hungarian cuisine in a new and unique way! Led by experienced local guides, this walking tour introduces you to the real and non-commercial life of Hungarian people and their eating and drinking habits with tastings along the way.
Highlights and Themes
- Overview of the Hungarian cuisine, culture and history through a local's perspective
- Try real Hungarian specialities
- Many food tastings at different venues, known only to locals.
- Top quality Hungarian craft beers in a local bar
- Personal small-group tour (max.15 people)
2017 Ratesonline booking
Adult: 45 €
Student: 45 €
Children (up to 12 years): 22.5 €
Minimum number of 2 guests per booking apply!
Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead.
All year round
1 February - 31 March: 14:00 - Friday
1 April - 31 October: 15:00 - Monday, Thursday, Friday
1 November - 31 January: 14:00 - Friday
1054 Budapest Báthory u. 22.
Conclusion point: Tour ends in the city center, in the Jewish district
Duration: 3.5 - 4 hours
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with an experienced local guide! The walking tour starts with a visit to some traditional Hungarian food producers at a local market in downtown Budapest with the chance to taste some of the stuff on offer. Taste, eat and enjoy the stories of how Hungarian families used to produce their traditional ingredients! You will have a chance to see how locals make ‘lángos', the very special fried bread, and you'll learn how real Hungarians eat it.
The tour continues with a visit to a local butcher's shop, where you can sample the various meat products with delicious pickled vegetables. Throughout the journey, your guide will introduce you to traditions, curiosities and unforgettable stories of how much Hungarians love to eat!
Wandering in the downtown Budapest area the tour visits a small family owned patisserie with a hidden courtyard, which gives you a quick peek into the treasures of Budapest. You'll definitely want to see it!
The tour will end with a tasting of three different craft beers at a local brewery while your guide introduces you to the culture of Hungarian beers with some exciting stories connected to the country's history.
Important note: we try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- Important notice: We try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead.
- Participants will need to be fit for light walking for up to 4 hours, with breaks.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.