- WALKING TOURS
- Budapest Absolute Walk
- Budapest Castle District Walk + dessert stop
- Hammer & Sickle Tour, Communist Times
- Hidden Budapest
- Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Christmas Market Tour + Wine Tasting
- Alternative Budapest Tour
- Absolute Street-food Experience
- Classic Gastro Tour + Wine Tasting
- Budapest Pub Crawl Nightlife Tour
- BIKE & SEGWAY
- Segway Tours:
- Daily Segway Tours in Budapest
- Year Round Daily Segway Tours
- Budapest Fun Segway Tour
- Evening Segway Tour + Margaret Island visit
- Budapest Castle District Segway Tour
- Off-Road Segway Adventure in Buda Hills
- Bike Tours and Hiring:
- Bike Tours in Budapest
- Budapest Bike Tour + café stop
- Alternative Budapest Bike Tour
- Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Budapest Summer Evening Bike Ride
- Szentendre Bike Tour
- Budapest Bike Rental & Hire
- Big Groups & Incentives:
- Large Group Segway and Bike Tours
- Segway Company Incentives
- PRIVATE TOURS
- Private Budapest Walking Tour + cafe stop
- Private Buda Castle Walk + cafe stop
- Private Budapest Night Stroll & Boat Cruise
- Private Communist Times & Statue Park visit
- Private Hammer & Sickle Tour
- Private Jewish Budapest Walking Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest & Hungary History
- Private Bike Tours in Budapest
- Private Budapest E-Bike Tour + Coffee Stop
- Private Budapest Segway Tours
- Budapest Private Fun Segway Tour
- Private City Tour by Minivan
- University & School Group Budapest Tours
- Budapest Incentive & Conference Tours
- OUT OF BUDAPEST
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- CONTACT & ABOUT
Explore the traditional ingredients of Hungarian cuisine and enjoy the cultural experience while tasting some typical food of the country. Your local guide will introduce you to the everyday life of Hungarian people through some hidden places in Budapest. Join our four-hour long walking tour and enjoy the experience!Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Overview of Hungarian cuisine through its history, culinary culture and ingredients, focusing on both the traditional side and modern artisan producers and speciality food shops
- Tour of Budapest's Central Market Hall with tastings.
- Visits to three additional venues during the walk with tastings at each location.
- Several food tastings at the market, and at the other locations including main course and dessert as well. Come hungry!
- A taste of a typical Hungarian spirit, and an introduction to Hungarian wine with a tasting of three top-quality local wines.
- Small groups with a private, food and wine-specialized guide.
2017 Ratesonline booking
Child: 32.50 €
Minimum number of 2 guests per booking apply
Important note: We try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
Inclusions: English speaking guide, generous food and drink tastings (enough for lunch!), a bottle of water for each participant, public transport tickets during tour when applicable
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
1 February - 31 March: 12:00 - Wednesday, Saturday
1 April - 31 October: 12:00 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
1 November - 31 January: 12:00 - Wednesday, Saturday
Fővám tér, V. district, 1052 Budapest - in front of Burger King restaurant
Conclusion Point: Tour ends in the center
Duration: 4 hours
Exploring Budapest through its food and drinks is the best way to do it! Our food, wine, and cultural walking tour begins at the Central Market Hall - one of Europe's largest and most spectacular indoor markets - and continues through the charming nearby neighbourhood. Be sure to come with an appetite, you'll need it on this tour! At the Central Market Hall, we will begin getting acquainted with Hungarian cuisine through the great variety and abundance of ingredients (which are mostly local and seasonal) on display. We will discuss the history of the building, the culture of eating and drinking in Hungary, and Hungarian's everyday cooking and eating habits. The tour also includes an introduction to Hungarian paprika and will reveal why it is so special, how Hungarian cooks use it, and how it is produced. After tasting a few carefully selected things at the market, we will head out to the surrounding neighbourhood and visit a few more places. Lunch will be at a traditional restaurant, where we will taste a special Hungarian spirit as well. No day in Budapest is complete without dessert, so we will also stop at a cafe visited only by locals to taste some very special local dumplings.
The tour will end with a tasting of three quintessential Hungarian wines. During the tasting, your guide will introduce you to the Hungarian wine regions, varietals, and styles. This tour will give you a taste of the traditional side of Hungarian cuisine, as well as the modern artisan producers and speciality food shops of the area.
- Important notice: We try our very best to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs we cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 4 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes without prior notice when necessary.